Marijuana Forum  
Welcome to the Marijuana Forum.

You are currently viewing our Marijuana Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most cannabis discussions, Images and access our other features. By joining our Marijuana Forum you will have access to post marijuana questions, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
Join Cannabis Forum Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Marijuana Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Hydroponics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

buy seeds online!

Old 02-01-2011, 03:35 AM
smashedbyhashish

Default Should I Prune My Roots?

Been looking for a thread on roots, should I be pruneing them?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1296534803038.jpg (66.2 KB, 17 views)
Old 02-01-2011, 09:58 PM
smashedbyhashish

Default Re: Should I Prune My Roots?

Have not found anything yet on pruneing roots, maybe I shouldn't ???
Old 02-01-2011, 10:07 PM

I don't know dude, i've read stuff about air pruning roots between water changes, letting em air prune while being suspended from the lid. I checked out the pic and the info was close to ur set-up, it was so the roots didn't clog up the pump but theres probably some benefits to it...why else would they have the smart pot that air prunes your roots?
Old 02-01-2011, 10:13 PM
smashedbyhashish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardknox72 View Post
I don't know dude, i've read stuff about air pruning roots between water changes, letting em air prune while being suspended from the lid. I checked out the pic and the info was close to ur set-up, it was so the roots didn't clog up the pump but theres probably some benefits to it...why else would they have the smart pot that air prunes your roots?
Yea I love the smartpots, wanted to try my hand at aeroponics. They grow so much faster in the aero system. Thanx a lot been looking for some sort of thread on overbareing roots w/ no results.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashedbyhashish View Post
Yea I love the smartpots, wanted to try my hand at aeroponics. They grow so much faster in the aero system. Thanx a lot been looking for some sort of thread on overbareing roots w/ no results.
Yeh i built an aeroponic system and there cool, great performance, alot of maintenance too. just really started with hydro but find alt more rewarding and fun for me.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:47 PM
smashedbyhashish

Just trying to find my stride. The foggers are something to check into, supposed to be better than aero. That will be the next project. I just finished my first grow, ended up w/ bout 3oz. Got clones of her in the aero system rite now.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:56 AM
Wastedyouth

Usually its more the "Mother" Plants themselves that you cut the roots back, As they are vegging indefinitely and even though you are cutting side branches off keeping the mothers size down. The roots themselves will still grow bigger and bigger.
Unless your vegging a Sativa for 3 months or something usually you shouldn't have too much issue with roots. You will pull them before they get to the "Trim back" Stage.
With that said, In a DWC (Bubbleponic) System or anything with bubbler's, foggers, reticulating pumps etc, Its a good idea to keep your eye on the roots to ensure they aren't blocking anything. They also wont grow as fast in a bubbleponic system with over crowded roots. But your system isn't even close to being over crowded.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:53 AM
smashedbyhashish

Wow! I see! Well thanx man, its my 1st aeroponic grow. I really couldn't find anything on the topic.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Wastedyouth

It's all good. What aeroponic system are you using ?
Old 02-02-2011, 10:17 AM
GONE

only when yer roots ball up should you prune them or when re-veg'ing. IMHO