Marijuana Forum  
Welcome to the Marijuana Forum.

You are currently viewing our Marijuana Forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most cannabis discussions, Images and access our other features. By joining our Marijuana Forum you will have access to post marijuana questions, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
Join Cannabis Forum Today!


If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Marijuana Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > USENET Forums Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

buy seeds online!

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Fred Wilkonson
 
Posts: n/a
Default Can the psychological effects of marijuana be reversed?

Lets say a kid around 16 smokes heavily for a year or a little more,

they experience symptoms associated with psychosis such as paranoia,
delusional thoughts, etc

If the person goes clean, is it possible for the permanent effects left from
the pot smoking to be reversed over time?

If so, approximately how long does it take? Or does it depend on the person?

Any input is appreciated, thanks


  #2  
Old 02-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Nobody
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Can the psychological effects of marijuana be reversed?

Fred Wilkonson wrote:
> Lets say a kid around 16 smokes heavily for a year or a little more,
>
> they experience symptoms associated with psychosis such as paranoia,
> delusional thoughts, etc
>
> If the person goes clean, is it possible for the permanent effects left from
> the pot smoking to be reversed over time?
>
> If so, approximately how long does it take? Or does it depend on the person?
>
> Any input is appreciated, thanks


Let me give you the gist of the situation:

People who experience psychoses, paranoia and in general unpleasant
thought patterns when smoking cannabis, are basically fucked up
psychologically, either from child/psychological abuse or other abuse in
life.

I've done a lot of experimentation with this. If your subsconscious
contains crap, it will be brought out sooner or later using cannabis.
Age has nothing to do with this.

I was psychologically abused as a child and after 15 years of trying and
trying, I still cannot enjoy a solemn quiet moment with cannabis,
without my own demons attacking my mind, because my mind brings out all
sorts of pre-existing crap, that's been sitting there for ages.

I tried praying, other religions, meditation, you name it. Nothing. Get
over it. Your DNA (like mine) contains junk, so if you become paranoid
there's no solution to this, except to lower the dose.

Don't procreate, PLEASE. (Cause you will fuck up your children like your
parents have fucked you up).

  #3  
Old 02-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Nobody
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Can the psychological effects of marijuana be reversed?

Fred Wilkonson wrote:
> Lets say a kid around 16 smokes heavily for a year or a little more,
>
> they experience symptoms associated with psychosis such as paranoia,
> delusional thoughts, etc
>
> If the person goes clean, is it possible for the permanent effects left from
> the pot smoking to be reversed over time?
>
> If so, approximately how long does it take? Or does it depend on the person?
>
> Any input is appreciated, thanks


Let me give you the gist of the situation:

People who experience psychoses, paranoia and in general unpleasant
thought patterns when smoking cannabis, are basically fucked up
psychologically, either from child/psychological abuse or other abuse in
life.

I've done a lot of experimentation with this. If your subsconscious
contains crap, it will be brought out sooner or later using cannabis.
Age has nothing to do with this.

I was psychologically abused as a child and after 15 years of trying and
trying, I still cannot enjoy a solemn quiet moment with cannabis,
without my own demons attacking my mind, because my mind brings out all
sorts of pre-existing crap, that's been sitting there for ages.

I tried praying, other religions, meditation, you name it. Nothing. Get
over it. Your DNA (like mine) contains junk, so if you become paranoid
there's no solution to this, except to lower the dose.

Don't procreate, PLEASE. (Cause you will fuck up your children like your
parents have fucked you up).

  #4  
Old 02-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Bleeding Gums Murphy
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Can the psychological effects of marijuana be reversed?

>Lets say a kid around 16 smokes heavily for a year or a little more,
>
>they experience symptoms associated with psychosis such as paranoia,
>delusional thoughts, etc
>
>If the person goes clean, is it possible for the permanent effects left from
>the pot smoking to be reversed over time?


"Permanent effects" by definition cannot be reversed! Thunk before
you type!

I'd start by looking elsewhere than the Cannabis for the source of the
"psychosis and delusional thoughts". At age 16, strange thoughts are the
norm'. It could also be the onset of schizophrenia, too much alcohol or
prescribed medication. Don't blame Cannabis, it won't be that causing the
problems.

I certainly have NEVER heard of anyone suffering mental illness due to
Cannabis use. Quite the reverse in fact! It usually helps anyone with mental
health problems.

The only problem with Cannabis that I've ever encountered is the lack of
short term memory while high but I'm not convinced that this memory is
totally wiped, just altered as suggestive recall always work for me
if I really have the need to recollect something later.


-------------------------------------------------------------------

www.costofwar.com


  #5  
Old 02-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Bleeding Gums Murphy
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Can the psychological effects of marijuana be reversed?

>Lets say a kid around 16 smokes heavily for a year or a little more,
>
>they experience symptoms associated with psychosis such as paranoia,
>delusional thoughts, etc
>
>If the person goes clean, is it possible for the permanent effects left from
>the pot smoking to be reversed over time?


"Permanent effects" by definition cannot be reversed! Thunk before
you type!

I'd start by looking elsewhere than the Cannabis for the source of the
"psychosis and delusional thoughts". At age 16, strange thoughts are the
norm'. It could also be the onset of schizophrenia, too much alcohol or
prescribed medication. Don't blame Cannabis, it won't be that causing the
problems.

I certainly have NEVER heard of anyone suffering mental illness due to
Cannabis use. Quite the reverse in fact! It usually helps anyone with mental
health problems.

The only problem with Cannabis that I've ever encountered is the lack of
short term memory while high but I'm not convinced that this memory is
totally wiped, just altered as suggestive recall always work for me
if I really have the need to recollect something later.


-------------------------------------------------------------------

www.costofwar.com


  #6  
Old 02-08-2005, 09:18 PM
Anonymouse
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Can the psychological effects of marijuana be reversed?


>> Lets say a kid around 16 smokes heavily for a year or a little more,
>>
>> they experience symptoms associated with psychosis such as paranoia,
>> delusional thoughts, etc


but what does A have to do with B?

>> If the person goes clean, is it possible for the permanent effects
>> left from the pot smoking to be reversed over time?


what "permanent effects left from the pot"?

the US Army studied pot thouroughly back in the 70s, and they found that
the only negative affect of heavy use of (strong) vietnamese grass was
the tendency to gain weight.

in the 80s the DEA admitted that cannabis is the "safest therapeutically
active stubstance known to man".

or do you mean will they go from moderately sedated from the cannabis to
full blown paranoiacs when not self medicating?

--

> Lienad / Cobray Derringer Sideplates <

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7132686744
  #7  
Old 02-08-2005, 09:18 PM
Anonymouse
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Can the psychological effects of marijuana be reversed?


>> Lets say a kid around 16 smokes heavily for a year or a little more,
>>
>> they experience symptoms associated with psychosis such as paranoia,
>> delusional thoughts, etc


but what does A have to do with B?

>> If the person goes clean, is it possible for the permanent effects
>> left from the pot smoking to be reversed over time?


what "permanent effects left from the pot"?

the US Army studied pot thouroughly back in the 70s, and they found that
the only negative affect of heavy use of (strong) vietnamese grass was
the tendency to gain weight.

in the 80s the DEA admitted that cannabis is the "safest therapeutically
active stubstance known to man".

or do you mean will they go from moderately sedated from the cannabis to
full blown paranoiacs when not self medicating?

--

> Lienad / Cobray Derringer Sideplates <

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7132686744
  #8  
Old 02-11-2005, 03:18 AM
Bud Green
 
Posts: n/a
Default Marijuana Does Not Cause Psychosis


"Fred Wilkonson" <homebasedtypist@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:brGdnTBZYJusDJrfRVn-tA@rogers.com...
> Lets say a kid around 16 smokes heavily for a year or a little more,
>
> they experience symptoms associated with psychosis such as paranoia,
> delusional thoughts, etc
>
> If the person goes clean, is it possible for the permanent effects left

from
> the pot smoking to be reversed over time?
>
> If so, approximately how long does it take? Or does it depend on the

person?
>
> Any input is appreciated, thanks
>
>
>



  #9  
Old 02-11-2005, 03:18 AM
Bud Green
 
Posts: n/a
Default Marijuana Does Not Cause Psychosis


"Fred Wilkonson" <homebasedtypist@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:brGdnTBZYJusDJrfRVn-tA@rogers.com...
> Lets say a kid around 16 smokes heavily for a year or a little more,
>
> they experience symptoms associated with psychosis such as paranoia,
> delusional thoughts, etc
>
> If the person goes clean, is it possible for the permanent effects left

from
> the pot smoking to be reversed over time?
>
> If so, approximately how long does it take? Or does it depend on the

person?
>
> Any input is appreciated, thanks
>
>
>



  #10  
Old 02-14-2005, 03:31 PM
name
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Marijuana Does Not Cause Psychosis


Marijuana might aggravate psychosis but in that respect it's probably
no worse than alcohol.
Any attempt to justify prohibition of cannabis by means of discrediting
marijuana as a potential cause for psychological problems is
incredulous as long as these risks are not put into perspective by
having a framework of reference of the relative risks of various
popular psychoactive substances, especially alcohol.

So if cannabis aggravates psychosis, that is not a very strong argument
in favor of maintaining cannabis prohibition, since most drugs are
likely to aggravate psychological problems for mentally unstable
people, but if it would turn out to be say 2 times more likely to
aggravate (or even cause) psychosis compared to alcohol, that would be
an argument in favor of maintaining cannabis prohibition.
If, on the other hand, cannabis would turn out to be 2 times less
likely to aggravate (or even cause) psychosis compared to alcohol, it's
potentially an argument in favor of legalizing cannabis. Cannabis use
can be a substitute for alcohol use, which means people are engaging in
a less risky activity since the consequences of long-term abuse are not
as detrimental as in the case of alcohol abuse.
Suppose we invented cars that were safer than our current cars but
would still allow for accidents to happen. Would we prohibit those cars
based on the fact that they can cause accidents, even though they are
much safer compared to cars we already allow and which are more likely
to cause accidents?

I've personally met people who said they were no longer allowed to
smoke cannabis by their doctor because it gave them psychotic symptoms.
I've also seen such people on tv but it's not impossible that these
people had (latent) psychotic tendencies anyway which might have been
aggravated by cannabis.
In a way cannabis is a way for sane people to experience what it's like
to have a slightly psychotic outlook on things, while you can still
realize that this distorted perception of reality and altered cognition
are due to the effects of a deliberate act to interfere with normal
brainchemistry and disrupting it by using a psychoactive substance.

It might be that cannabis potentially causes psychosis (just like
alcohol) for certain people with a propensity towards developing mental
problems.
If it does however, it should be clear from the statistics and as far
as I know, there are no such statistics that demonstrate that an
increase in cannabis use has been found to concur with an increase in
the incidence of people being diagnosed with psychosis.
I can certainly imagine how it could be scary for people with an
unstable mind to enjoy cannabis, since in my experience it certainly
can make one more susceptible to suggestions and can induce
anxiety/paranoia/delusions/hallucinations.
Cannabis is well known to have psychedelic effects and psychedelic
substances are also known as 'psychotomimetics', since they can
simulate the state of mind experienced by people who suffer from
psychosis to some degree.
That doesn't mean that most people take cannabis to experience a
psychosis, but it does mean that if you take cannabis, you have to take
into account that it can cause unpleasant mental effects and cause
mental confusion and feelings of alienation or disorientation. Hence,
it's important to refrain from using it while you are experience
psychological problems or in an unfamiliar and unpredictable situation.
Just like it would be wise to refrain from operating heavy machinery or
motorized vehicles while being intoxicated.

Hence I think it's important people should be well-informed about the
potential effects and risks and this is the way to reduce cannabis
abuse.
Just like we decided prohibiting alcohol is not an effective approach
and informing people about the risks of alcohol makes more sense.
How could it possibly make sense to allow a drug that can potentially
kill you, (besides causing psychological problems,) while prohibiting a
drug that can only cause psychological problems in a worse case
scenario.
It's akin to prohibiting knives because they can be used to kill people
while machineguns are available on every streetcorner.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

By entering the code "MJFORUM" you will receive a 20% discount off M7 products. This discount will be good until the end of March.
buy seeds online!
buy salvia divinorium online!

Salvia Divinorum Extract |


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.